Thursday 2 February 2012

So much rain...


Is this supposed to be Summer or what? Apparently. The constant rain and cloudy weather has given me such a poor crop of tomatoes that I was forced to pull some bushes out the other day to make way for a planting of green manure (fava beans). However, I am not complaining. I rather do enjoy the rain, how can one not? It is great for the garden and the bush. There is one slight problem. If it rains, I can’t work and if I can’t work, I don’t get paid. Now, there is a good and bad side to this because sometimes  it is rather nice having a sleep in on a rainy morning . BUT I am a person that needs to be doing something and so what does busy bee such as myself do on a rainy day when I cannot work and when I cannot garden? I GET CRAFTING. Pretty much my second favourite hobby after gardening and bush regen.
Here are some pieces I have been busy working away at:







Making garlands out of old, recycled picture books.
This one has a farm inspired theme...




I picked up these fairtrade beads from Etelage on King St Newtownhttp://www.etelage.com/

Some garden inspired felt crafts
This is blatant copying from my own sister who makes bookmarks and cards out of old pictures. I picked up this picture book on growing wheat from an excursion to The Bower in Marickville. 

A crown for my nephew Oscar's upcoming 2nd birthday; he just loves playing dress ups!

So need some crafty inspiration for a wet weekend. Get to it...there is nothing better than a homemade gift. 

2 comments:

  1. Meg! I love the felt crafts!! Especially Oscar's crown and the garden inspired images - did you make those? Check out "Kid's Crafternoon: Sewing" and "Kid's Crafternoon: Papercraft" by Kathreen Ricketson for some ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle...I did :-) I love felt crafts. Thanks for the tip...I am always looking for new ideas and inspirations.

    ReplyDelete